Kangaroo Island Connect Pty Ltd
Effective 1st January 2018
KANGAROO ISLAND CONNECT PTY LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
We at Kangaroo Island Connect Pty Ltd (kic) recognise the importance of protecting your personal information. This notice explains how the Kangaroo Island Connect (kic) Group protects your privacy and summarises how it collects, uses and discloses personal information about you.
This notice applies to personal information we hold about you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES KIC COLLECT ABOUT ME AND HOW DOES IT COLLECT IT?
When make a booking with Kangaroo Island Connect (kic), we need to collect certain information from you. The service you use (i.e ferry bookings, car hire, tours and transfers) will determine what information we collect from you. That information may include (but is not limited to) your name, contact details, driver’s licence, payment details and passwords for the Kangaroo Island Connect (kic) online system. We may also use electronic tools to monitor the location, usage and servicing of your hire vehicle, including your speed, time, fuel consumption, distances travelled and current and previous locations visited.
We are required or authorised to collect some personal information under laws such as the Motor Vehicles Act (SA). If we are unable to collect your personal information, this may prevent us from providing our services to you or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would normally expect from us.
Where you provide us with personal information about someone else you must have their consent to provide their personal information to us based on this notice.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED OR DISCLOSED BY KANGAROO ISLAND CONNECT (KIC)?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information to:
- provide the services that you request;
- do all things necessary to administer those services;
- investigate, prevent and deal with fraud, unlawful activity and breaches of our agreement with you;
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys and inform you of improvements to our services; and
- maintain and develop our software and other business systems.
Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- other members of the Kangaroo Island Connect (kic) Group;
- your company or organisation if you use our services under a corporate account;
- one of our partners if you make an enquiry or booking through us for them
- credit card providers;
- credit reporting agencies (see ‘Payment default’ below) and fraud checking agencies;
- debt collection agencies, if you default in payment of amounts owed to us;
- councils, government and private organisations responsible for the processing of traffic related infringements or the payment of road and traffic tolls;
- in relation to an accident or claim, insurers, the police and other persons involved in the accident or claim;
- driver licensing authorities; and
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- We may hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries or processing transactions.
Use or disclosure for direct marketing
We may use and disclose your personal information to offer you products and services provided by the Kangaroo Island Connect (kic) Group. We may also use your personal information to offer you products and services provided by companies participating in Kangaroo Island Connect (kic) partner programs. We may continue to provide these offers to you by email, telephone or any other form of communication until you opt out. You can opt out by indicating your preference or by contacting us.
Credit card details:
We do not store your credit card details at any time during the transaction. They are passed securely to the Banking organisation or to Paypal.
WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION?
If you have any privacy questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your right to access or correct your personal information (subject to exceptions under privacy laws), you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
By telephone: +61 419 100 100
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org