kic ferry has limited space for baggage.
- One piece of stowed baggage and one carry-on bag is allowed per paying person.
- You can purchase extra bags for $5/bag.
- All baggage must be secured in the baggage racks or stowed by the crew while the ferry is sailing.
- Carry-on bags can be stored under your seat or at your feet – no baggage is allowed in the aisle.
- All baggage and personal items are transported entirely at the risk of the ticket holder.
- Restrictions apply for dangerous goods (including but not exclusive to fuel, large batteries, corrosive substances, dive tanks, insecticides, pesticides, flares etc).
Maximum Baggage Sizes:
- Carry on – Height 600mm, Length 400mm, Depth 300mm
- Stowed – Height 800mm, Length 500mm, Depth 400mm
- Over-sized baggage can be purchased for $10/bag when purchasing your tickets
- Excess baggage is not allowed (including but not exclusive canoes etc)
kic allows dogs and cats on the ferry. Please note, pets are NOT allowed in any National Park on Kangaroo Island, including at Seal Bay, Flinders Chase, Kelly Hill Caves (including car parks).
- Dogs and cats are permitted on the ferry at no charge. Other animals are only allowed with prior consent.
- Cats taken to Kangaroo Island must be desexed and micro-chipped as required by Kingscote Council.
- All pets must be on a secure lead or in a pet cage provided by the owner.
- Passengers with pets are allowed only on the lower outside deck and are not allowed inside the cabin.
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up their animals’ waste.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs, assistance dogs and service dogs, including those in training, are permitted in the main cabin.
- KI Kennels Dog and Cat Boarding Facilities, 935 Hog Bay Road, Nepean Bay (+61 8 8553 9032)
- Kangaroo Island Veterinary Clinic, 252 Playford Highway, Kingscote (+61 8 8553 2485)
- If bringing your dog or cat to Kangaroo Island you must notify the Kangaroo Island Council of the following details:
Time and duration of stay, your full name, contact number, breed of animal(s), Council at which registration held, current registration tag number, microchip number.
For further information please contact the Council on +61 8 8553 4500 or email email@example.com.